Adjustments to Fees and Johanna
Schibbelhut Room made at the
Kearny County Library Board Meeting
The Kearny County Library Board at their last meeting made some adjustments on how the Kearny County Library operates.
The first adjustment is to the library’s Johanna Schibbelhut Room. The library is in need of storage space for decorations and books and to continue to offer library activities for our patrons. To achieve this purpose the Library Board recognized that our community has multiple meeting rooms available for the public. Since the community has these other meeting rooms available the Library Board has decided that the Johanna Schibbelhut Room will no longer be available for public meetings and will become an activity and storage room for the Kearny County Library. This adjustment is effective as of September 27, 2017.
The Kearny County Library has been fortunate enough to not raise service fees for over 20 years. With lowering valuations within the county, the Kearny County Library Board has determined that service fees and overdue fees need to be adjusted to assist in reimbursing the library’s expenses for providing services to the community. The updated fees will begin November 1, 2017 and they are:
- 8 ½ x 11 and 8 ½ x 14 Black and White copies will be $.25 per page;
- 8 ½ x 11 and 8 ½ x 14 Color copies will be $.50 per page;
- 11 x 17 Black and White copies will be $.50 per page;
- 11 x 17 Color copies will be $.75 per page;
- Using 8 ½ x 11 or 8 ½ x 14 paper for DieCut machine will be $.25 per page;
- Using 11 x 17 paper for DieCut machine will be $.50 per page;
- Using 8 ½ x 11 card stock or colored paper for copies or DieCut machine will be $.50 per page;
- Full laminated 8 ½ x 11 page will be $2.00 per page;
- ¾ laminated 8 ½ x 11 page will be $1.50 per page;
- ½ laminated 8 ½ x 11 page will be $1.00 per page;
- ¼ or business card laminated page will be $.50 per page;
- For larger projects with our laminating roll machine $1.00 per foot;
- To send a fax it will still be a $2.00 flat fee;
- In addition to the $2.00 it will be $.40 per page;
- Toll free numbers will be charged a flat fee of $2.00, but not for any additional pages;
- Receiving a fax it will be $.30 per page;
- Disc cleaning – quick clean $.1.00 per disc;
- Disc cleaning – deep clean $2.00 per disc; and
- Overdue fees for books, magazines, and/or audio books will be $.25 per day per item.
The Library Board and staff want to thank everyone in the community for their support for the library. We apologize for any inconvenience these changes might cause and we appreciate the communities understanding in the direction the Library Board needed to take.